Sunday, March 05, 2006

Heavenly sleep

Thursday night I slept 13,5 hours!
That is double dose!
Normally I switch the light off at midnight and wake up before 7 a.m.
Thursday night was different...

I am that kind of person who never wants to go to bed early and who always gets incredible good ideas just before midnight. Who always thinks the day has been too short when the night comes again. And, yes, you're right. In the morning the first little step called "bed-to-bathroom" is very difficult! Still there are very few times I sleep to more than eleven o'clock.

Thursday night was, as I said, different.

Mummy came home after work Friday and asked what I'd done that day.
"Not much," I had to tell her. My winter vacation started at Friday, so I can say I had the ability to sleep a bit longer than usual.
"Do you know what?" I asked her. "I fell asleep at 11 p.m. yesterday!"


That is very unusual. As I said: Often I am not even sleepy at midnight!

"Oh, that was nice to hear," she replied. "Yesterday night I actually prayed that you would get some extra rest."

If I sleep long - too long - I often fail by purpose to tell her. Too long can be for instance 11 a.m.

I started to laugh.
"I think maybe you prayed too much then, mum! I didn't wake before half past noon!"


Friday night I fell asleep at normal time (midnight). Normally I have great problems in falling asleep if I've slept too much during the day.

But not this time.
This time was different.
This time was refreshing.

I think that night was blessed by God.

Another thing: Very often I wake up with a headache if I sleep too long. Yep, right again! I did not have a headache when I got up. I just felt refreshed.

Good night! :)

No comments: