Sunday, February 05, 2006

"J-e-s-u-s" - ENTER


Have you ever tried to search the net for Jesus?
Well... I've tried... At Google, links to about 137 million websites that contained the name "Jesus" popped up. (By comparison, "Muhammed" gives about 5,64 million links to different websites.) Jesus is actually quite popular in cyberspace.

And do you know what? He's really popular in real life too!

When I talk about real... Who is the real Jesus?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but you won't find the answer by just clicking one of these 137 million links...! The Internet contains a lot of information, and not all of that information is true. (I guess you already knew that...) I think you might find some good information, but why search the internet for Jesus when God has given us a whole book about Him which is even TRUE!? Yes, you're correct! I actually talk about the Bible, a book that was written thousands of years ago. Yes, that's what I'm talking about and I actually RECOMMAND you to read it!
But why?
Because it contains the TRUTH, not only about Jesus, but also about yourself!

Here are some examples of what the Bible says about YOU:
1) YOU are created by God
"Look at the hippopotamus! I created him as well as you." (Job 40:10)
2) YOU are loved by God
"For God so loved the world (world = people in the world = you) that he gave his only begotten son, that WHOEVER believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
3) YOU are known by God
"Before I shaped you in the womb, I knew all about you." (Jeremiah 1:5)

Want to read more?
A good idea is to start with the Gospel of John in the New Testament. It has 21 chapters divided on about 50 pages. Why not read one chapter each day for a period of three weeks and see more about what the Sources say about Jesus (and yourself)?

No comments: