Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Beethoven pathetic tomorrow

Look at this handsome guy! Ludwig van Beethoven, a great composer, and on this picture, still quite young.

During the last year I've been working on his famous Grande Sonate Pathetique (for piano). And now the time has final come when I'm going to bring this masterpiece to...
... a hopefully grateful audience. That will happen tomorrow. A lot of butterflies in my stommach. Ten pages long, but with the repetition, thirteen. From pianissimo to fortissimo. Legato and staccato. With pedal, but also secco. I have to use all I've learnt -during more than ten years playing the piano. Often my left arm hurts when I've been practising. Because I'm playing octavs in eights. Page up, page down. Ouch! Tests my endurance. I'm playing without the sheets of music. I'm going to play by heart.

But, wow! What music! I think it's fantastic!
I wonder what was going on inside of him when he wrote that sonate.

Patetique means emotional.

Click the picture, or here, to listen to Grande Sonate Pathetique! (It's not me who are playing!)

1 comment:

El Lobo Estepario said...

Just a great Masterpiece!!! Estoy contigo. Es una pieza musical increible. I love it...



Vic