Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mission completed!

Phew!!!

I've just come home from the concert where I played Grande Sonate Pathétique by Beethoven. It went well! The church, where the concert was held, was ice-cold, so some parts were rather difficult to play, and I didn't play perfect. But I recieved a big applauce and several people came to me afterwards almost congratulating. That was very encouraging!

I've been nervous about this concert for weeks, so I'm very relieved at the moment! Funnily enough I've not been, and I'm still not, nervous about the exam tomorrow because the nervousness about the concert has been so much bigger! Hehe....! Another good thing about this: I'm going to play the sonata on Saturday (in my littlebrother's confirmation), on Tuesday, and probably on next Wednesday too (on another concert), and I'm not nervous at all! Maybe I'll get a little bit nervous the very moment before I'm going to play, but after this concert it feels like a burden has fallen off my shoulders... And that is wonderful!

Concert completed,
Silje happy,
Silje not nervous,
Silje ready to concentrate on the exam tomorrow (hopefully...).

Btw: Thanks to Marita, Benedikte, Tor-Hugo & Irene, and of course; mum, for coming!
I really appreciated it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Silje. I feel nervous when I have to perform in front of people, too. The good news is that a little nervousness is a good thing. Being a little nervous helps you perform better because it makes you more alert and, therefore, helps you focus.